Administrative Assistant/ Event Coordinator
Schedule: Flexible schedule; hours vary based on activities and events.
Vacation: 15 personal days per year beginning after 6 months of employment. Maximum accrual of 30 days. In the fourth year of service, 20 personal days are provided. Extended leave should not be taken from July 5th through October 5th.
Holidays: President’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July (day after/day before depending on date), Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving and Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
Salary: Based upon experience.
- Answering the phone and responding to messages
- Prepare regular correspondence, acknowledgements, mailings, reports, publications, online communications and other materials
- Maintaining files and databases
- Purchasing and record management
- Coordinating office and property maintenance
- Other administrative tasks to assist with day-to-day flow of operations
Development and Marketing
- Coordination with the Executive Director on public & media relations: assist in the creation and distribution of marketing materials
- Assist with creating compelling opportunities for donors to support CHS, while making the experience of giving satisfying and rewarding
- Manage the annual membership drive; assist with donor cultivation, planning, and marketing to grow the membership base
- Coordination and preparation of board member communications and board meeting materials
- Assist the volunteer coordinator with volunteer organization and scheduling of Zachary-Tolbert House tours and special events
- Reading the newspaper weekly and clipping any pictures, articles, etc. having to do with Cashiers Historical Society’s events and board of directors
- Assist with event and program planning and implementation
- Oversight of management of website and social media accounts
- Researching and applying for grants; preparing and submitting related reports
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Business, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications.
- Two+ years of related/relevant office experience
- Exercise discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive material;
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others;
- Maintain standards of professional competence and adhere to a professional code of conduct;
- Strong organizational and writing skills;
- Manage multiple priority projects at once with ease and efficiency;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and technical understanding of database management and reporting
- Ability to analyze data, research information, problem-solve, and coordinate projects
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to CHS’s mission and goals
- Limited physical demands; occasionally lifting 20lbs